Friends of Stretford Public Hall has a unique legal structure that ensures the Hall will always be run for the benefit of the community.
We are a charitable community benefit society registered under the Co-operative and Community Benefit Societies Act 2014. We aim to serve the interests of the broader community, beyond our own membership.
We also have exclusively charitable aims and a charitable asset lock. An asset lock is a rule which prevents members from profiting by selling or closing the business. The asset lock means the hall will never fall into private ownership.
We are registered by the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA) and our society number is CBS 7220.
The following documents provide more information about how we are run and our recent achievements:
- AGM 2020: Presentation to members from our most recent AGM, held in November 2020
- Rules: The rules of our society that sets out how we are governed
- Complaints procedure: Guidance on how to make a complaint about our organisation
Friends of Stretford Public Hall board meeting updates
Our board of directors meet on a bi-monthly basis to discuss the work of Friends of Stretford Public Hall and our activities at the hall. Once the minutes of each meeting have been agreed, a summary of the meeting is made available for members, below.
- Stretford Public Hall board meeting, July 2021 – summary of meeting
- Stretford Public Hall board meeting, June 2021 – summary of meeting
- Stretford Public Hall board meeting, May 2021 – summary of meeting
- Stretford Public Hall board meeting, April 2021 – summary of meeting